We Reach Higher
We want to offer MORE than just a great education. We want to challenge our older students in a loving, exciting environment as they grow in Christ, and prepare for their future. For this reason, our textbooks are Christian-based and wherever possible produced by Christian publishing companies. Textbooks from A Beka Books, Bob Jones University Press, Modern Learning Press, Positive Action for Christ, Association of Christian Schools International include the largest portion of our textbook providers.
Elementary students at RCS receive a traditional education consisting of Reading, Math, English (Writing and Grammar), Science, History & Geography, and Spelling. These subjects are an important part of the essential curriculum we provide for our elementary students. A strong systematic phonics approach is used in our K-Prep through third grade reading program.
Middle School students are unique in their needs and desires. RCS recognizes this and strives to meet students' needs physically, spiritually, emotionally and mentally through core classes including Math, Bible, English, History, and Science. In addition to core classes, students have choices each quarter for electives including PE, Theater, Art, Sewing, Band, Choir, and Technology classes.
Science Technology Engineering Mathematics
Our STEM concentration enhances an already excellent educational experience offered at Renton Christian School. The Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) focus at RCS is much like the exceptional curriculum currently in place but with much more specific parameters and labels. Below is a variety of ways we incorporate STEM into the daily life of our students:
- One-to-One Device Program: 7th-8th grades
- Science Lab: well-outfitted for hands-on labs, 7th-8th grades
- Technology Lab: weekly class time, Kindergarten-6th grades
- 4 Mobile Computer Labs: 1st-6th grades
- Mobile Science Lab: 1st-6th grades
- Elective Courses: 7th-8th, Forensic Science, Computer Coding, Animation, Game Design, Web Page Publishing, Drafting
- Math: K-8th grades, no Common Core
- After School Enrichment: Lego Robotics Program
- After School Enrichment: Sumo Bots Program
- After School Enrichment: Hands-On Science